Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting Ready to Go (a.k.a., The World Has Gone Mad)

So ... I am (almost) all ready to go, only to be greeted by some international mayhem to make the going a little more exciting. In addition to other international crises that are too sad to detail here, the airport in Bangkok has now been closed for almost a week. Needless to say, Bangkok is the jumping off point for my entire Asian adventure. But I will not be deterred! Trying to change my plans to start in Singapore, which has the only direct flights to northern Thailand in the region. Hoping that will work out so I can start my journey. Will be in touch from Singapore when (if ?) I arrive there.

Look forward to sharing my adventures with you!



A word on my blog name ... many of you know I was a huge fan of the book Eat, Pray, Love ... this is one Jewish gal's attempt to make that more personal (daven means pray in Hebrew and Handel means Haggle in Yiddish) ... there is no word for "luxuriating in great hotels" so will have to leave those details out of the title and write them into the blog.

2 comments:

Lil' Gator said...

One of the benefits of being here when nobody else is, is that I get to be first on NDH's blog (as long as I don't take too long to type this message). I hear the crowds have been swelling around the airport in Bangkok for a week now, awaiting your arrival. Since I won't be able to afford a real vacation until my next lifetime, I am excitedly looking forward to sharing your adventure electronically with you! Have a great flight, don't spare us the details, blog often and have the time of your (and my) life!

LG

Jack & Suey said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! We'll be anxiously awaiting your posts and will be living vicariously through you! love, Suey, Jack and Owen